RESTORED 1963 CHEVROLET C-10 STEPSIDE TRUCK! – FIREBALL MALIBU VLOG 653

RESTORED 1963 CHEVROLET C-10 STEPSIDE PICKUP! – FIREBALL MALIBU VLOG 653 – A fun day in Malibu lands Fireball and Kathie at niece Alexa’s Birthday, the Pepperdine Ponds, the Beach and a spotting of this fully restored 1963 Chevrolet C-10 Stepside Pickup Truck!

From WIKI… The C/K was Chevrolet and GMC’s full -size pickup truck line from 1960 until 1998 in the United States, from 1965 to 1999 in Canada, from 1964 to 2001 in Brazil, and from 1975 to 1982 in Chile.

The first Chevrolet C-10 pickup truck was introduced in 1924, though in-house designs did not appear until 1930. “C” indicated two-wheel drive and “K” indicated four-wheel drive.

The aging C/K light-duty pickup truck was replaced with the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra names in 1999 in the United States and Canada, and 2001 in Brazil; the Chevrolet Silverado HD and GMC Sierra HD heavy-duty pickup trucks followed.

Until this time, the names Silverado and Sierra were used to identify the trim level of the C/K trucks.

The 1960 model year introduced a new body style of light pick-up truck that featured many firsts.

Most important of these were a drop-center ladder frame, allowing the cab to sit lower, and independent front suspension, giving an almost car-like ride in a truck. Also new for 1960 was a new designation system for trucks made by GM.

Gone were the 3100, 3200, and 3600 designations for short 1/2, long 1/2 and 3/4-ton models. Instead, a new scheme assigned a 10, 20, or 30 for 1/2, 3/4, and 1-ton models.

Since 1957, trucks were available from the factory as four-wheel drive, and the new class scheme would make this known. A C (conventional) in front of the series number indicates two-wheel rear drive while a K denotes four-wheel drive.

Actual badging on Chevrolet trucks carried the series name system from the previous generation in 1960 and 1961: the 10, 20, 30, and 40 series (C and K) were badged as “Apaches”, 50 and 60 series trucks were badged as “Vikings”, and the largest 70 and 80 series models were marked “Spartans”.

In 1960, C/K trucks were available in smooth “Fleetside” or fendered “Stepside” versions. GMC called these “Wide-Side” and “Fenderside.”

More »

Comments